Senior Development Engineer
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
CHF Solutions is an early stage company focused on commercializing the Aquadex FlexFlow® system. Our objective is to improve the quality of life for patients with heart failure and related conditions, such as fluid overload. We are seeking Senior Development Engineers for our Eden Prairie, MN location.
Position has the responsibility to execute development activities of various complexities for medical devices utilized in Aquapheresis therapy. These devices include electro-mechanical systems and related disposable mechanical products and accessories. Individual in this role will be involved with developing new products, enhancing existing products, and implementing compliance improvements. Position will partner with Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical and Operations and is critical to the success of CHF Solutions’ business strategy.
- Key technical expert on cross-functional development projects.
- Execute tasks of various complexities as assigned by the project manager throughout all development phases and in accordance with all applicable procedures, regulations, and ISO standards.
- Evaluate product qualification activities and risk management documentation against released standards and best practices. Close gaps as appropriate.
- Generate new product development concepts and prototypes for existing product enhancements as well as new product designs.
- Develop and execute product verification and validation activities.
- Review, initiate, and/or approve change requests associated with: design verification & validation, risk management, usability, biocompatibility, shelf life, test method validations, equipment qualifications, sterilization, packaging, and labeling.
- Partner with other functional areas in preparing test plans, data analysis, specifications, risk analysis, and change implementation.
- Capacity to interpret and contribute to electro-mechanical systems and related disposables.
- Participate and lead challenging team discussions resulting in robust decisions with respect to product development plans.
- Facilitate effective communications with project team, support team and management.
- Manage project execution to achieve project plan/contract. Proactively address issues to minimize their impact to project.
- Participate in project updates with management in a professional and unbiased manner.
- Occasionally take on responsibility to manage development projects involving other cross-functional members.
- Effectively engage with external suppliers as required by the project.
- Expect travel to range from 0-10% depending upon the individual project.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with a Bachelors degree, or 3+ years of experience with a Masters degree.
- Preferred experience in medical device industry with a variety of devices including capital equipment, software, hardware, disposables and/or catheters.
- Experience in biocompatibility, human factors, electrical safety, hardware, and sterilization industry standards is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- ‘Can-do it’ attitude is required.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying for this position, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position that you are applying for and the Requisition ID.
Requisition ID: 18-033
CHF Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.